Implement Exit-intent to retain customers and help in conversion.
Why is it that when you are trying to leave the website of your favorite shoe brand but end up buying a new pair instead? Because the company knew that you were going to leave and immediately made you an offer you couldn’t refuse.
Exit Intent essentially tracks the mouse movements to detect your intention to leave the website upon hovering your cursor on the X. This information gives the company an opportunity to reengage with the user to entice them into providing their information, a crucial necessity in building the database for any company. Let’s learn a little more about it.
Where can an Exit-intent Pop-up be placed?
Pop-ups are typically targeted to a global content zone, which indicates that it exists across all pages of your site. You have the choice of limiting it to only certain pages, but if the user is currently unknown, the best practice is to have it on all pages. Following are some scenarios when it can be implemented:
- Closing a browser
- Going back to the previous pages
- Leaving a page idle
- Staying on the same page for a set period of time
- Switching between tabs in a browser
- Scroll down to a certain percentage of the page.
We can use the MC Personalization pre-defined template to build out pop-up campaigns because the campaign placement, copy, and general campaign design are already defined in the template.
However, just having a popup that keeps them there is not sufficient. It is imperative to gather user data for the repository to build a transactional relationship with the user. This makes way for using an Exit Intent with Email Capture template. This type of targeting has to ensure that only those individuals who do not have a value associated with emailAddress on their unified customer profile are targeted.
Things to keep in mind while implementing exit intent:
- Define the copy, background style, and CTA you want to use in your template
- Create experiences that retain a user on your website for a longer
- Gather as many attributes as possible to bring about the most relevant experiences for the user
- Make sure your landing page destination is well though out. If the landing page doesn't align with your targeting logic or campaign goal, you might be creating a confusing experience for customers or prospect.
Do you want to know the best way to implement these for your company? Reach out to us here!!
Here’s a quick look on the how the hospitality industry had to reshape some marketing strategies to cater to the new world